Black Floating Glass 36" JX3™ Electric Downdraft Cooktop
- Developed and refined by JennAir®, downdraft ventilation uses proximity ventilation that captures smoke, steam and odors at the cooking surface, whisking them down and out for a fresher, cleaner kitchen. It has been designed to provide optimal cooking performance, relying on a vertically mounted, 310 CFM blower system.
- A single centrifugal blower motor combines with a perimetric design, allowing this ventilation system to operate at just 310 CFM while still meeting the demand of high-output burners or elements.
- A fast-heating element sealed underneath a ceramic glass cooking surface that offers up to 1,200 watts of power.
- A fast-heating element sealed underneath a ceramic glass cooking surface that offers a range of power from 300-1,300 watts.
- An intake grill, able to be cleaned in a dishwasher, that captures smoke, grease and cooking odors entering a downdraft ventilation system.
- Hidden beneath the air grill, the plenum is the ventilation chamber through which air is drawn. On the JX3™ downdraft cooktop, the unique plenum design is short, making it easy to clean.
- Light(s) positioned at the controls instantly show which element is still hot – even if the element has been turned off.
- Fast-heating ribbon elements sealed underneath a ceramic glass cooking surface.
- Our crew relentlessly engages with JennAir® appliances day in, day out. Initiated in rigorous product, process and culinary training, this team answers to you—from sales to installation to ownership.
- We narrowed down our dedicated network to only the most experienced providers. Armed with extensive access to products and knowledge, their expertise is unmatched.
- Filter included with the duct-free kit that captures smoke, grease and moisture, and allows air to travel through the filter without a loss of air efficiency. The filter also has a replacement indicator.
- An integrated protective finish that resists scratching to help keep the ceramic glass cooktop's surface looking like new.
- The JennAir® duct-free filter kit allows the Jenn-Air® downdraft system to be installed in virtually any home, even a high-rise or condo, without requiring a major remodel to accommodate ducting.
- Robust knobs which elegantly complement the cooktop, no matter the style suite.
- Sleek black glass that seizes its surroundings. Lose yourself in the depths of infinite possibilities that dare you to explore your limits.
- Subtlety that dares to be ignored. Standing semi-flush at 3mm above the countertop, this precision edge is minimalism magnified.
- Efficiently captures cooking vapors by drawing air through a thin slot, speeding the air and improving ventilation performance.
- Offers the option of three sizes at one position for outstanding flexibility, matching the element to cookware size for more efficient cooking.
- Downdraft cooktops are manufactured to be used with ductwork, but this option enables conversion of the JX3™ downdraft cooktop to be used with a duct-free system.
- A large element that heats the entire element surface at both high and low temperatures while providing precise control by cycling power to one or both of the nested elements to support a range of high-temperature cooking techniques.
This Jenn-Air® luxury electric radiant downdraft cooktop offers a sleek cooking surface with five radiant elements, which offer responsive performance. It also features the impressive JX3™ downdraft ventilation system, which quickly and efficiently clears the air without a hood.
|Certifications|Energy Rating (kWh/year)|
|Certifications|Energy Rating (kWh/year)||258|
|Controls|Control Location||Right Front|
|Controls|Infinite Heat Controls|
|Controls|Infinite Heat Controls||Yes|
|Cooktop Details|Center Front Element-Burner Power|
|Cooktop Details|Center Front Element-Burner Power||3,200W|
|Cooktop Details|Center Front Element-Burner Size|
|Cooktop Details|Center Front Element-Burner Size||10in.|
|Cooktop Details|Center Front Element-Burner Type|
|Cooktop Details|Center Front Element-Burner Type||Single|
|Cooktop Details|Center Rear Element-Burner Power|
|Cooktop Details|Center Rear Element-Burner Power||1,200W|
|Cooktop Details|Center Rear Element-Burner Size|
|Cooktop Details|Center Rear Element-Burner Size||6in.|
|Cooktop Details|Center Rear Element-Burner Type|
|Cooktop Details|Center Rear Element-Burner Type||Single|
|Cooktop Details|Cooktop Element Style|
|Cooktop Details|Cooktop Element Style||Radiant|
|Cooktop Details|Cooktop Selections|
|Cooktop Details|Cooktop Selections||Convertible to Duct Free Ventilation,DownDraft|
|Cooktop Details|Cooktop Surface Color|
|Cooktop Details|Cooktop Surface Color||Black|
|Cooktop Details|Left Front Element-Burner Power|
|Cooktop Details|Left Front Element-Burner Power||1,300W|
|Cooktop Details|Left Front Element-Burner Size|
|Cooktop Details|Left Front Element-Burner Size||6in.|
|Cooktop Details|Left Front Element-Burner Type|
|Cooktop Details|Left Front Element-Burner Type||Hyper|
|Cooktop Details|Left Rear Element-Burner Power|
|Cooktop Details|Left Rear Element-Burner Power||1,800W|
|Cooktop Details|Left Rear Element-Burner Size|
|Cooktop Details|Left Rear Element-Burner Size||8in.|
|Cooktop Details|Left Rear Element-Burner Type|
|Cooktop Details|Left Rear Element-Burner Type||Single|
|Cooktop Details|Number of Cooking Element-Burners|
|Cooktop Details|Number of Cooking Element-Burners||5|
|Cooktop Details|Number of Open Bays|
|Cooktop Details|Number of Open Bays||N/A|
|Cooktop Details|Right Rear Element-Burner Power|
|Cooktop Details|Right Rear Element-Burner Power||3000W/1950W/1050W|
|Cooktop Details|Right Rear Element-Burner Size|
|Cooktop Details|Right Rear Element-Burner Size||12in./9in./6in.|
|Cooktop Details|Right Rear Element-Burner Type|
|Cooktop Details|Right Rear Element-Burner Type||Triple|
|Description|Fuel Type||Electric Radiant|
|Design Type|Design Expression|
|Design Type|Design Expression||Black Glass|
|Details|Cooktop Surface Material|
|Details|Cooktop Surface Material||Ceramic Glass|
|Carton Depth||26 7/16 inch|
|Carton Height||23 13/16 inch|
|Carton Width||41 1/2 inch|
|Cutout Depth (in)||21 1/8 inch|
|Cutout Width (in)||34 9/16 inch|
|Depth||22 1/16 inch|
|Height||3 11/16 inch|
|Width||36 5/16 inch|
|Gross Weight||82 inch|
|Net Weight||69.0 inch|
|Electrical|Power Cord Included|
|Electrical|Power Cord Included||No|
|Features|Automatic Pan Detection|
|Features|Automatic Pan Detection||No|
|Features|Heating Element On Indicator Light|
|Features|Heating Element On Indicator Light||Yes|
|Features|Hot Surface Indicator Light|
|Features|Hot Surface Indicator Light||Yes|
|Features|Installs Over Built-In Oven|
|Features|Installs Over Built-In Oven||No|
|Features|Power Outage Compatible|
|Features|Power Outage Compatible||No|
|Ventilation System|CFM Motor Class|
|Ventilation System|CFM Motor Class||310|
|Ventilation System|Number of Vent Speeds|
|Ventilation System|Number of Vent Speeds||3|
From the Manufacturer
Extended warranties can save you hundreds, sometimes even thousands of dollars in unexpected repairs. You can contact us, or visit our store for additional details.
GRINGER & SONS OFFERS TOP QUALITY DELIVERY SERVICE NATIONWIDE VIA THE INDUSTRY`S LEADING SHIPPING PROVIDERS.
Free Curbside Delivery On Purchases of $999 and Up. (Exclusions Apply)
We provide two levels of Deliveries to meet your needs:
Curbside Delivery Service (Standard drop off outside the residence)
Premium Service (Includes delivery to the home, unpacking of the item in the room of your choice as well as disposal of an old appliance). Extra fees apply for more than one flight of stairs (over eight steps). Installation of the appliance is not included.
We can also ship smaller scale items including microwaves, hoods and cooktops via UPS or Fed Ex.